Can we change one of the parties to the contract by an amendment?

A Ltd  (subsidiary company of B Ltd) enterted into an agreement with C Ltd.

Now in the agreement A Ltd wants to replace its name with B Ltd – Parent Company for tax purposes.  Can we do this by entering into an amendment to the previous agreeement?

69 viewscontract law

Alasdair Taylor's Answer

This would usually be achieved by novation of the contract.

For my own novation template, see:

Ask a question

Question in one sentence
Select a topic that best fits your question.

Search questions


Using this legal Q&A, users can get guidance on business-related legal questions from our legal experts.

The guidance is not legal advice; no lawyer-client or similar relationship is created by the Q&A.

By using the Q&A, you agree to the limitations and exclusions of liability set out in our terms and conditions.

SEQ Legal
Copyright © 2021 Docular Limited All rights reserved