Can we change one of the parties to the contract by an amendment?

A Ltd  (subsidiary company of B Ltd) enterted into an agreement with C Ltd.

Now in the agreement A Ltd wants to replace its name with B Ltd – Parent Company for tax purposes.  Can we do this by entering into an amendment to the previous agreeement?

15 viewscontract law

Alasdair Taylor's Answer

This would usually be achieved by novation of the contract.

For my own novation template, see:

Ask a question

Select a topic that best fits your question.
Question in one sentence
An account for you will be created and a confirmation link will be sent to you with the password.

Search questions


Using this legal Q&A, users can get guidance on business-related legal questions from our legal experts.

The guidance is not legal advice; no lawyer-client or similar relationship is created by the Q&A.

By using the Q&A, you agree to the limitations and exclusions of liability set out in our terms and conditions.

SEQ Legal
Copyright © 2020 Docular Limited All rights reserved